Infant Became Permanently Blinded From Loved One’s Simple Mistake!


Our eyes are the most precious, delicate and sensitive part of our body. And a very a small mistake can turn out to be dangerous for our eyes.

This family did not know that a small mistake at their end could lead to permanent blindness of their infant.

Read on to find out see what happened with their kid:

The three-month-old baby was left blinded in one eye after a family friend forgot to turn off the camera flash while taking a photo close up.

The parents noticed that there was something wrong with their baby's vision soon after the photograph was taken.

Doctors said that the child has suffered irreparable damage from the flash of the camera, which was held about 10 inches away from the baby boy.

Following the incident, the baby suffered from reduced vision in his left eye and blindness in his right eye.

The damage is said to be permanent and cannot be fixed with surgery.

The strong flash has damaged cells on the macula, which is the part of the eye where incoming light rays are focused.

Damage to the macula can lead to the loss of central vision, which allows people to see straight ahead.

The macula is not fully developed until children are four, meaning youngsters are very sensitive to strong light.

A recent study has shown that LED lights, like the kind used in a camera flash, have potential to cause damage to the human eye, according to  Live Science.

“Eyes are not designed to look directly at light — they are designed to see with light,” Dr. Celia Sánchez-Ramos said.

Sadly, the harm was done in that instant and could not be remedied with surgery.

Their little boy would forever suffer the consequences of a common oversight while snapping a picture.

Although this incident happened in China, the warning is relevant for all parents, friends, and relatives everywhere, since picture-taking is a more common practice than ever with the convenience of cameras with flashes on cellphones.

Source: Love This Pic
Infant Became Permanently Blinded From Loved One’s Simple Mistake! Infant Became Permanently Blinded From Loved One’s Simple Mistake! Reviewed by LVS Staff on 5:48 AM Rating: 5
Latest Viral Spot @ 2015. Powered by Blogger.